A customized mandate provides institutional investors with the benefit of a bespoke investment program, including:
- specific investment parameters
- custom portfolio guidelines
- model portfolio design
- investment pacing analysis
- custom reporting
- active management of legacy portfolios
Northleaf manages a series of customized investment mandates on behalf of a number of leading institutional investors that invest as part of Northleaf's global private equity program. Select examples of Northleaf's custom global private equity and secondary investment mandates include:
- US$250 million program focused on mid-market buyouts, secondary investments and direct co-investments
- US$300 million program focused on mid-market buyouts and growth equity/venture, secondary investments and direct co-investments
- C$150 million program focused on mid-market buyouts and growth equity/venture, secondary investments and direct co-investments
Northleaf also manages customized private equity investment programs focused on specific geographies, investment strategies and/or sectors, including:
C$1.2 billion program focused on Canadian small/mid-market buyout and venture/growth capital investments on behalf of the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board. Learn more about this program.
US$150 million program focused on private equity secondaries opportunities, primarily in the mid-market.
C$300 million program focused on Canada-based venture capital and growth equity fund investments and direct investments. Learn more about this program
C$205 million program focused on Ontario-based and Ontario-focused venture capital and growth equity fund investments and direct investments. Learn more about this program
Northleaf manages a C$1 billion customized infrastructure investment mandate focused on small and mid-market infrastructure assets in Canada and the United States, with the flexibility to invest selectively in other OECD countries. The mandate targets opportunities in the contracted, regulated and volume-linked sectors with a focus on long-term ownership of long-life assets.
Northleaf manages a customized private credit investment mandate that holds a 16% equity stake in Antares Capital, the leading provider of financing solutions for middle market private equity-backed transactions.