Northleaf is currently recruiting for an Analyst, Investment Accounting to join the Investment Accounting function within Private Equity Operations. This position will be based in Northleaf’s Toronto office and will report to the Manager, Investment Accounting, Private Equity.
The successful candidate will own a predefined portfolio of investments for which they will be responsible for performing daily, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc investment accounting activities including: investment capital calls and distributions, journal entries, quarterly valuations and new deal setups.
As part of the Investor Operations team within Northleaf, the Analyst, Investment Accounting, Private Equity will play a key role in the Investment Accounting group.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Accountability for accuracy and timeliness of all investment accounting transactions related to a pre-defined “Investment Portfolio”. This portfolio will be diversified across the full scope of private equity assets that Northleaf invests in including a mix of buyout and venture capital fund managers spread across primary, secondary and co-investment transaction types
- Analyze and prepare all investment capital calls and distributions related to the Investment Portfolio
- Prepare journal entries for all investment accounting transactions
- Record quarterly valuation and foreign exchange entries related to the Investment Portfolio
- Reconcile quarterly fund manager reports to investment accounting records in Investran 7.0
- Perform fund manager audits of management fees and carried interest accruals to test for reasonability and accuracy
- Track fair value and cost basis of all underlying portfolio companies
- Compilation of the trial balances to assist the Manager of Investment Accounting with quarterly Financial Statements
- Create weekly activity report
- Setup new deals into Investran 7.0
- Work with Treasury team to appropriately book and manage foreign exchange transactions
- Escalate complex accounting transactions to team leader for resolution
- Keep current on key activities within Investment Portfolio and support quarterly portfolio monitoring process
- Support on-going process improvement initiatives with fresh ideas and approaches
- Share and learn from best practices with other Investment Accounting professionals
- Support the annual audit, tax and other compliance reviews
Qualifications and Competencies
- Accounting or Finance or equivalent degree required
- Prior accounting experience preferred
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to drill down
- Superior attention to detail
- Extremely organized and process-oriented, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability and proven ability to take initiative
- A team player with strong interpersonal and relationship skills; effective at building relationships across other business lines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present information in a comprehensive and informative manner
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northleaf Capital Partners is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please do not hesitate to let us know and suitable arrangements will be made.