Northleaf Capital Partners is offering the opportunity to join a leading and growing private markets investment firm. Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Solutions, you will be a key member of the Portfolio Solutions team at Northleaf. The mandate of the Portfolio Solutions team is to develop new product solutions and investment programs that meet the needs of current and prospective investors and to conduct portfolio analytics, benchmarking, attribution and risk analysis that support the ongoing management of investment portfolios across the Northleaf global private markets platform.
The successful candidate will be primarily focused upon portfolio analytics supporting Northleaf’s private credit program and will serve as a core member of the private credit portfolio management team.
Northleaf manages approximately US$2 billion in private credit capital commitments, with a focus on direct investing in senior secured (first lien/unitranche), second lien and mezzanine loans to mid-market companies that are diversified by geography and industry. Northleaf is currently raising its second closed end global credit fund and has recently launched an innovative evergreen senior private credit fund which offers investors the ability to maintain a consistent exposure to private credit exposure over the long term while offering incremental liquidity options. With the launch of these new funds and the near-term prospect of continued growth, Northleaf is establishing a dedicated private credit portfolio analytics function as a key component of the Portfolio Solutions team.
The successful candidate will participate in private credit investment team and Investment Committee meetings, providing key middle office connectivity across the private credit investment, operations and investor relations teams. The successful candidate will also be involved in new product research and development on a project specific basis. Success will require close collaboration with a variety of Northleaf colleagues across the firm and effective interaction with investors, asset consultants and distribution partners.
Portfolio analytics responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining financial models that support portfolio management for Northleaf’s private credit mandates
- Conducting historical analysis to better understand, attribute and summarize drivers of past private credit market and investment performance
- Developing forward projections of investor capital flows, fund liquidity/leverage, and portfolio composition to inform investment and risk management decisions
- Proactively assessing and making recommendations regarding actions to manage credit portfolio risks, capital deployment, fund distributions and the use of leverage facilities
- Developing a database of multi-asset class performance and Northleaf performance against relevant external benchmarks
- Working with Sales & Investor Relations to provide clients with value-add portfolio reporting and to support Northleaf’s ongoing fundraising and investor relations activities
Product development activities will include:
- Conducting market research, with focus on relevant product offerings of global peers and competitors
- Supporting the new product development process, from concept development and the internal product approval process, through to new product launch, working closely with other functions across Northleaf to bring new offerings to market
- 3+ years of relevant experience (asset management firm, pension fund, private markets investment firm, investment bank, investment/management consultancy)
- Post-secondary education with strong academic performance; further relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, CAIA) welcome
- High degree of technical proficiency - strong core Excel and financial modeling skills are critical; beyond this, experience with relevant financial databases (e.g., Bloomberg, evestment, Preqin) and analytical tools (e.g., R, Python, Tableau and SQL) is helpful
- Experience of fixed income or credit portfolio analytics is desirable, as is exposure to private markets investing
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Proven analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Collaboration, communication and relationship building skills
- Strong fit with Northleaf corporate values of respect, integrity and professionalism
Toronto, Canada. Some limited travel required.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.