Northleaf Capital Partners is offering the opportunity to join a leading and growing private markets investment firm. Reporting to the Vice President, Private Equity Asset & Risk Management, you will be a key member of the Private Equity investment team. The mission of the asset and risk management function is to develop frameworks, methodologies and advanced analytical models that enable Northleaf’s Private Equity investment process and ongoing portfolio management, with the objective of achieving strong risk adjusted returns for our investors. The position offers career growth as Northleaf’s Private Equity business is growing rapidly, with new capital raised and diversified investment strategies.
As an Associate in Asset and Risk Management, primary focus will be upon the following areas: portfolio analytics and risk management; investment management and portfolio construction; business development, product development and client service.
Portfolio analytics and risk management activities include:
- Utilizing Northleaf’s proprietary models and databases, identifying potential risks related to macroeconomics factors (e.g. interest rate and exchange rate), and making recommendations regarding actions to manage those risks
- As the Northleaf platform and the broader environment continues to evolve, identifying and addressing gaps in the analytics and risk management process, building new models and conducting ad hoc analysis as required
- Assisting the VP, Private Equity Asset & Risk Management in evaluating and adopting technology solutions for portfolio and risk management
Investments management and portfolio construction activities include:
- Analyzing Northleaf’s investment portfolio and performance track record to develop insights that inform the portfolio strategy of future investment mandates and funds
- Managing the portfolio performance review process, including forward looking projections and valuations of primary, secondary and direct co-investments
- Coordinating and managing the initial review, screening and ranking of private equity fund offering documents, including maintaining deal sourcing databases to assist in Northleaf’s broader investment process
Business development, product development and client service activities include:
- Providing investment portfolio analytics to investor relations team
- Assisting Northleaf’s business development efforts in launching new private equity strategy funds and products
- The ideal candidate will possess strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem-solving skills with a can-do spirit
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed; demonstrated ability to be proactive
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Strong judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to articulate and present points of views and ideas effectively
- Strong analytical skills and comfort in working with large data sets
- Advanced proficiency:
- Strong excel financial modelling skills is a must
- Experience with database, VBA, PowerQuery, PowerPivot, and/or Tableau would be considered an asset
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel – creating pivot tables, macros, complex formulas
- Excellent academic credentials; a Business, Economics or Financial degree is preferred. Candidates from other disciplines with strong technical proficiency and interests in private investments are also encouraged to apply
Candidates with 2-4 years of work experience in asset management firm, pension fund, private markets investment firm, accounting firm, investment bank, investment/management consultancy are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.