Northleaf is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Analyst, Investor Servicing to join the Investor Servicing function within Private Equity Operations. This position will be based in Northleaf’s Toronto office and will report to the Manager, Investor Servicing, Private Equity.
The successful candidate will own a predefined portfolio of Northleaf investor mandates for which they will be responsible to perform daily, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc investor reporting activities, including investor capital calls and distributions, investor quarterly reports and other custom/ad hoc reporting requests.
As part of the Investor Operations team within Northleaf, the Intermediate Analyst, Investor Servicing, Private Equity will play a key role in the Investor Servicing group.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Accountability for accuracy and timeliness of all investor reporting and communications for a defined group of investor mandates
- Analyze and prepare all investor reporting and communications including quarterly and annual reports, financial statements, investor statements (PCAPs) and other custom/ad hoc reports adhering to procedural and quality standards
- Coordinate quarterly reports review process within Investor Operations
- Analyze and prepare investor capital calls and distributions
- Prepare, analyze and journalize quarterly carried interest accruals, quarterly management fees and expenses
- Update quarterly mandate performance metrics for investment team
- Post investor materials to Sungard DX
- Setup of new mandates/investors in Investran including the maintenance of investor information in the CRM
- Provide analysis and support to the Investor Relations and Investment Team for AGM preparation, conference calls, investor updates, etc.
- Escalate complex setup issues to Manager for resolution
- Share and learn from best practices with other Investor Servicing professionals
- Support the annual audit, tax and other compliance reviews
- Identify new processes, tools and technology that should be implemented to optimize the use of Investran and streamline reports and processes
Qualifications and Competencies
- Accounting or Finance or equivalent degree required
- Required to have or be pursuing CPA designation
- Prior fund/investment accounting experience required
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to drill down
- Superior attention to detail
- Extremely organized and process-oriented, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability and proven ability to take initiative
- A team player with strong interpersonal and relationship skills; effective at building relationships across other business lines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present information in a comprehensive and informative manner
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to email@example.com. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northleaf Capital Partners is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please do not hesitate to let us know and suitable arrangements will be made.