Northleaf Capital Partners is looking for a Corporate Law Clerk who is an independent contractor to provide services to Northleaf to assist with legal documentation relating to Northleaf’s private equity investment program, with a particular focus on reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements. This individual will support Northleaf’s legal team and investment teams and will work with investment professionals and counterparties in other global locations
The successful candidate will be able to work independently in prioritizing deal documentation and will provide support to Northleaf’s in-house legal counsel and senior professionals on the private equity team. The individual will be asked to, among other things:
- Review and process non-disclosure agreements for the private equity deal teams and may also be asked to provide support for non-disclosure agreements for other parts of Northleaf’s business
- Prepare authorizing resolutions for investments and assist with coordinating closing documentation and internal process documentation for private equity investments
- Prepare and maintain complete legal records of Northleaf’s private equity investments
- Process waivers and consents for certain of Northleaf’s private equity investments
- As needed, organize new corporations, limited partnerships and other entities, primarily in Ontario, but also in other jurisdictions, and any other related matters
The successful candidate will not be employed by Northleaf but instead must be established as an independent contractor with the ability to docket and invoice for time spent on various matters.
- A minimum of three years of professional legal experience working as a corporate law clerk in a law firm or in-house legal department (investment industry strongly preferred)
- Experienced and confident with reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements
- Excellent drafting, editing and writing skills with very close attention to detail
- Exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed; demonstrated ability to be proactive
Northleaf will provide work space in Northleaf’s offices in downtown Toronto for use by the independent contractor when providing services to Northleaf.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to email@example.com by January 31, 2019. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.