Northleaf is currently recruiting for a Loan Administrator, Investor Operations to join their growing private credit team. This position is based in Northleaf’s Toronto office and reports to the Senior Manager, Investor Operations.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Analyst and Senior Manager, Investor Operations, Private Credit and the investment, legal and cash management teams to complete new investment deal closings and ongoing investment transaction processing for private credit investments. The successful candidate will also work closely with the third-party fund accounting and loan administration provider.
The Loan Administrator, Investor Operations, Private Credit will be a key contributor to the continued growth of the private credit platform. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the following business functions:
- Investment Settlement and Transaction Processing
- Fund Operations
Specific responsibilities will include:
Investment Settlement and Transaction Processing:
- Review, confirm and process primary and secondary transactions for settlement with partners and counterparties, liasing closely with the cash management, investment and legal teams, along with the funds’ credit facility providers and third-party loan administrator
- As part of the settlement process, confirm all necessary documents to close and settle pending trades, including trade confirmations, assignment agreements, participation agreements, netting agreements and funding memorandums, as required
- Ensure accurate allocation of loan investments across the private credit funds
- Review, confirm and manage the settlement of subsequent loan draws and repayments
- Review reconciliation of cash and investment positions with the third-party fund and loan administration provider
- Provide analysis to assist in hedging foreign currency exposure
- Perform allocation and asset set-up in the portfolio management system
- Provide data and run pre-defined portfolio and investment analysis and reports as required, including performance and other reporting for internal and external use
Qualifications and Competencies
- 2+ years of direct experience with transaction management of loan products, in particular private credit loans
- Desire to be part of a growing business and work in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge and interest in private markets
- A self-starter, extremely organized and process-oriented, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to drill down
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong Excel skills including macros, vlookup and pivot tables
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiency (financial modeling, Excel/PowerPoint; further skills related to use of databases and VBA programming are helpful)
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northleaf Capital Partners is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please do not hesitate to let us know and suitable arrangements will be made.