Northleaf is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Investor Operations to join their growing private credit team. This position is based in Northleaf’s Toronto office and reports to the Managing Director, Investor Operations.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in contributing to the build out and management of the Investor Operations team that will support Northleaf’s growing global private credit platform. The platform has recently launched two open-ended funds and is commencing fundraising for its second closed-end fund. With significant growth, and a new team, the candidate is expected to work alongside the analysts while building and refining scalable operating processes and procedures.
The Senior Manager will work closely with the investment, portfolio solutions, investor relations, legal and tax team members to manage the investor operations function. The successful candidate will be directly involved in or oversee fund management, investment settlement, valuation, portfolio and performance reporting while developing and delivering clear and concise financial reporting to investors. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the management and oversight of the third-party fund and loan administration provider – and will support the ongoing strategic development of the private credit platform.
As one of the leaders of the broader Northleaf Investor Operations team, the Senior Manager, Investor Operations, Private Credit will play a key role in the following business functions:
- Fund Management and Liquidity Monitoring
- Fund Operations
- Investment Settlement and Transaction Processing
- Valuation, Analytics and Reporting
Specific responsibilities include:
- Fund Management and Liquidity Monitoring:
- Work closely with the investment and portfolio solutions teams to efficiently manage the private credit funds from an investing pacing, liquidity and capital perspective, considering fund credit facilities and currency hedging
- Analyze and hedge foreign currency exposure
- Work closely with the cash management team to ensure accurate forecasting, hedging of foreign currency exposure and compliance with fund credit facility agreements
- Manage the third-party fund and loan administration provider to ensure investments and other fund transactions are accurately recorded; interest and principal payments are received; and service-levels are met
- Actively participate on the project team to implement a new portfolio management application
Investment Settlement and Transaction Processing:
- Work closely with internal and external legal resources to ensure loans are effectively communicated to, and settled by, the third-party loan administrator
- Manage the settlement process by liaising closely with the cash management, investment and legal teams, along with the funds’ credit facility providers and third-party loan administrator
- Monitor the third-party loan administrator to ensure settlement of subsequent loan draws, interest receipts and repayments
Valuation, Analytics and Reporting:
- Provide data to, and manage the relationship with, our external third-party valuation provider to ensure investments are accurately valued in a timely and efficient manner
- Work closely with the investment, investor relations and portfolio solutions teams on investment and portfolio performance reporting, including key metrics and benchmarks across the private credit portfolio
- Work across the private credit team to deliver clear and concise internal and external quarterly reports and financial statements
- Responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing the external audit of the funds and contribute to additional firm wide internal control and compliance audit activities
- Work closely with internal and external advisors to provide tax and compliance analysis
- 8+ years experience of asset management and private markets investments, with direct experience in private credit products or commercial loan operations considered valuable and preferred
- CPA, CA, CMA or CGA designation
- Familiar with loan closings and asset management processes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to drill down and pay attention to detail
- Extremely organized and process-oriented, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability and demonstrated initiative
- A team player with strong interpersonal and relationship skills; effective at building relationships across other business lines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present information in a comprehensive and informative manner
- Experience with ClearPar considered an asset
- Technical aptitude with the ability to leverage data and databases. Basic level of coding considered an asset.
Toronto, Canada. Some North American and international travel required.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to email@example.com. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northleaf Capital Partners is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please do not hesitate to let us know and suitable arrangements will be made.