TORONTO (March 20, 2020) - Our thoughts are with the people who have been directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and we appreciate the efforts of front-line workers as well as the international, national and local health organizations around the world who are working to contain and delay the outbreak.
We are actively monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on our firm and our portfolios. While the situation continues to evolve rapidly, we want to share some of the actions we are taking.
The health and well-being of our team, investors, investment partners and the communities in which we operate is our top priority. We are actively following guidelines established by global health authorities and taking steps to align with their efforts. To that end:
- We have activated our Business Continuity Plan (“BCP”) which contemplates a number of scenarios, including potential business interruptions from situations such as the spread of COVID-19.
- All of our team members have secure remote access to our systems and are working remotely while maintaining business continuity.
- We have implemented a series of health and safety policies (including social distancing protocols and self-isolation criteria), procedures and travel restrictions across our seven offices.
- We have limited face-to-face meetings and are conducting meetings with team members, investors and management teams by audio and video conferencing.
- We are operating our business with the usual processes, procedures and controls in place to ensure we are investing and meeting our obligations to our investors, partners and service providers.
- We will continue to respond as circumstances evolve and are confident in our ability to continue to operate in a seamless fashion.
Our private equity, private credit and infrastructure investment teams are currently undertaking a comprehensive review of each portfolio. While it remains difficult to forecast the ultimate impact on our portfolios or investments, we are working alongside our investment partners and management teams to keep apprised of the effects in real-time. Our diversified private markets platform will continue to benefit from patient, long-term committed capital that is available to support existing investments and pursue new opportunities as they arise.
We value the trust and confidence that our investors place in us and we work vigilantly to be responsible stewards of the capital under our management. This is a challenging and complex environment, and we are available to share our insights and perspectives at any time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or comments.