Leveraging Northleaf’s extensive private equity investment program and history, Northleaf’s experienced private credit investment team is focused on building a diversified pool of private credit investments. Northleaf pursues a flexible investment strategy across senior, unitranche, 2nd lien, mezzanine and subordinated loans in North America and Europe, with a primary focus on senior secured loans to private equity-backed companies.
Northleaf’s private credit program has been designed to take advantage of the attractive market opportunity for private credit investments, including:
- A global and growing private credit market as banks continue to retrench and face ongoing regulatory restrictions
- The opportunity to work with private equity firms, which are increasingly favouring private credit structures
- An ability to take advantage of robust legal structures and attractive premiums versus public markets, which serves to mitigate downside risk and generate attractive relative value.
Northleaf’s private credit program focuses on middle market companies and has a flexible mandate to invest across the capital structure in a variety of debt and equity solutions. As a responsive and trusted source for capital, Northleaf provides financing solutions to help middle-market companies grow through a comprehensive program characterized by:
- Significant long-term relationships with private equity sponsors and corporates
- An ability to provide flexible capital, including senior, unitranche, 2nd lien, mezzanine and subordinated debt or equity structures, that meet companies’ financing goals
- A global investment team with local expertise in North America and Europe and significant experience in providing capital in complex financing situations.
Northleaf Private Credit I (NPC I) – 2016
Northleaf is currently fundraising for NPC I and the Fund has commenced its investment program. NPC I pursues a flexible investment strategy across senior, unitranche, second lien, mezzanine and subordinated loans in North America, the UK, Western Europe and Australia, with a primary focus on private equity-backed companies.
Northleaf Star Holdings – 2016
Northleaf Star Holdings is a customized private credit mandate that holds a 16% equity stake in Antares Capital, the leading provider of financing solutions for North American middle-market private equity-backed transactions, alongside an affiliate of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Antares management.