Senior promotions include nine Managing Directors and Directors
TORONTO, CANADA (January 17, 2023) – Northleaf Capital Partners (“Northleaf”) is pleased to announce the 2022 year-end promotions across its global team, including six new Managing Directors and three new Directors, to support the continued growth of its global mid-market private equity, private credit and infrastructure platform. With the backing of new and existing investors, Northleaf has raised a total of US$22 billion of capital commitments to date. The Northleaf team numbers more than 200 professionals across nine global offices, including the recently announced new office locations in Tokyo and Los Angeles.
“We recognize the distinctive contributions these individuals have made in enabling Northleaf to deliver successful private markets solutions for our investors. As we continue to expand our global network, we remain committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional professionals,” said Stuart Waugh, Managing Partner of Northleaf. “We extend our congratulations to all of our newly promoted team members and would like to thank our entire team for their ongoing commitment to our investors and the firm.”
The following team members have been promoted to Managing Director and Director:
- Michael Bowman to Managing Director, Private Equity (Toronto)
Michael joined Northleaf in 2016 as a Vice President. Michael focuses on Northleaf’s private equity investment and business development activities.
- Derek Chan to Managing Director, Tax (Toronto)
Derek joined Northleaf in 2016 as a Vice President, Tax. Derek oversees the international tax planning and strategy, compliance and investment transaction support for Northleaf’s private markets funds and corporate entities.
- Lance Mu to Managing Director, Portfolio Strategy & Analytics (Toronto)
Lance joined Northleaf in 2010 as a Portfolio Analyst. Lance leads the portfolio construction, risk management, analytics and research that support Northleaf’s private equity funds and product development activities.
- Todd Papau to Managing Director, Business Development (Toronto)
Todd joined Northleaf in 2013 as a Vice President. Todd is responsible for building, developing and advising Northleaf’s leading family office, endowment and private wealth management relationships in Canada.
- Chris Rigobon to Managing Director, Infrastructure (Toronto)
Chris joined Northleaf in 2014 as an Associate. Chris focuses on origination, execution and asset management for Northleaf’s infrastructure investment activities in North America.
- Vishal Shah to Managing Director, Private Equity (Toronto)
Vishal joined Northleaf in 2013 as a Senior Associate, based initially in the Menlo Park office. Vishal focuses on the origination, evaluation and monitoring of Northleaf’s private equity and venture capital/growth primary investments.
- Kathleen Ffrench to Director, Business Development (Montreal)
Kathleen joined Northleaf in 2017 as a Vice President and leads the Montreal office. Kathleen is responsible for growing and advancing Northleaf’s relationships with leading institutional investors, family offices and advisors in Canada, with a focus on Eastern Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
- Kristin Shearer to Director, Private Equity (Toronto)
Kristin joined Northleaf in 2015 as an Associate. Kristin is involved in the origination, evaluation and monitoring of Northleaf's private equity investments, with a focus on secondaries.
- CJ Wei to Director, Private Credit (New York)
CJ joined Northleaf in 2019 as a Senior Associate, based initially in the Chicago office. CJ is involved in the origination, evaluation and monitoring of Northleaf’s private credit investments, with a focus on specialty finance.
Northleaf is proud to recognize and celebrate the following additional promotions across the firm:
- Suzy Lendvay to Vice President (Toronto)
- Jimmy Howe to Senior Associate (New York)
- Harish Sivarajah to Senior Associate (London)
- Tae Hyun Yoo to Associate (London)
- Brett Donner to Vice President (Chicago)
- Georgia Pooley to Senior Associate (London)
- David Thompson to Senior Associate (Chicago)
- Annie Sun to Senior Associate (Toronto)
- Taylor Kaiser to Sales Associate (New York)
Portfolio Strategy & Analytics (Toronto)
Corporate and Investor Operations (Toronto)
- Stephen Hartnett to Vice President, Applications & Data Integration
- Sophie Liu to Senior Manager, Tax
- Vadad Rzali to Manager, Corporate Finance
- Linda Maiola to Senior Human Resources Business Partner
- Scott McComiskey to Vice President (Cash Management)
- Ly Mai to Senior Manager (Private Credit)
- Hiten Arora to Manager (Investment Accounting)
- Florence Lee to Manager (Infrastructure)
- Calvin Chen to Senior Analyst (Infrastructure)
- Banji Erikitola to Senior Analyst (Investment Accounting)
- Fengji Li to Senior Analyst (Private Credit)
- Gurkeerat Singh to Senior Analyst (Investment Accounting)
- Titi Adesokan to Intermediate Analyst (Cash Management)
- Adrian Wong to Intermediate Analyst (Private Credit)
About Northleaf Capital Partners
Northleaf Capital Partners is a global private markets investment firm with US$22 billion in private equity, private credit and infrastructure commitments raised to date from public, corporate and multi-employer pension plans, endowments, foundations, financial institutions and family offices. Northleaf’s more than 200-person team is located in Toronto, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Menlo Park, Montreal, New York and Tokyo. Northleaf sources, evaluates and manages private markets investments globally, with a focus on mid-market companies and assets. For more information on Northleaf, please visit www.northleafcapital.com.
Managing Director, Marketing & Communications