Northleaf's private credit program pursues a flexible strategy to build a diversified portfolio of private credit investments, with a focus on loans to middle market companies in North America and Europe. Northleaf invests across the capital structure, including first lien, unitranche, second lien, mezzanine and subordinated debt or equity structures. Northleaf's private credit program focuses on lending to private equity-backed businesses and leverages the firm's more than 60 active buyout fund manager relationships.
Northleaf’s private credit program provides investors with exposure to an asset class that provides a number of benefits, including:
- Quarterly cash yield and attractive current income;
- Floating rate structures that mitigate the risk of rising interest rates;
- Robust legal documentation and covenant protection;
- Conservatively-levered capital structures with significant equity cushion; and
- Attractive premiums and strong relative value to public markets.
Northleaf is a responsive and trusted partner to middle market companies, providing:
- the flexibility to invest across the capital structure to companies that generate $10 million to $150 million of EBITDA
- significant experience lending to a broad range of private equity-backed and corporate borrowers across industries
- a global team with local presence in North America and Europe, leveraging Northleaf’s established local private markets capabilities
- the ability to sole underwrite and participate in club or syndicated transactions.
Northleaf’s global private credit investment team has relationships and expertise investing in North America and Europe and significant experience lending to a broad range of borrowers across industries. Northleaf is a value-added partner to engaged equity owners and has significant long-term relationships with private equity-backed and corporate borrowers.
For details on Northleaf's private credit investments, click here.
Northleaf Senior Private Credit (NSPC)
NSPC is an evergreen private credit fund focused on building a diversified portfolio of senior secured loans in North America and Europe. NSPC, which launched in 2018, accepts new commitments quarterly and is available on a levered or unlevered basis.
Northleaf Private Credit I (NPC I) – 2016
NPC I pursues a flexible investment strategy across first lien, unitranche, second lien, mezzanine and subordinated debt or equity structures, with a primary focus on middle market companies in North America and Europe.
Northleaf Star Holdings – 2016
Northleaf Star Holdings is a customized private credit mandate that holds a 16% equity stake in Antares Capital, the leading provider of financing solutions for North American middle market private equity-backed transactions, alongside an affiliate of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Antares management.