TORONTO (July 4, 2019) – Northleaf Capital Partners (Northleaf) is pleased to announce promotions across the firm in support of the continued growth and success of our global mid-market private equity, private credit and infrastructure business.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional professionals. This round of promotions includes four Managing Directors, three Directors and two Vice Presidents across our Toronto, London and Chicago offices. We are delighted to recognize these individuals for their leadership, track records and contributions as we continue to develop the next generation of leaders at Northleaf.
On our Private Equity investment team:
- Michael Bowman has been promoted to Director (Toronto), recognizing his development of our private equity origination strategy as we build out relationships with key market participants and continue to expand our direct co-investment program.
- Ian Carew has been promoted to Managing Director & Venture Partner (Toronto), acknowledging his significant contributions to the growth of Northleaf’s Canadian private equity and venture capital program and his successful investment management of our Canada-focused venture capital mandates.
- Vishal Shah has been promoted to Director (Toronto), recognizing his success in leading the North American primary investment strategy for Northleaf’s global private equity program, which has driven significant secondary, direct equity and credit deal flow across our platform.
- Matthew Sparks has been promoted to Managing Director (Toronto), reflecting his leadership role in the development and management of Northleaf’s private equity secondaries program, as well as his important contributions firm-wide.
On our Private Credit investment team:
- Michael Morris has been promoted to Managing Director (Chicago), recognizing his leadership role and success in building our portfolio of mid-market private credit loans, including specialty finance and non-sponsored loans, as well as his important business building contributions across the firm.
- Christopher Wang has been promoted to Vice President (Chicago), acknowledging his strong contributions to building Northleaf’s portfolio of mid-market private credit loans, including senior, unitranche and second lien investments.
On our Infrastructure investment team:
- Kriti Madan has been promoted to Vice President (London), acknowledging her contributions to the acquisition and management of Northleaf’s mid-market infrastructure assets in Europe.
On our Portfolio Strategy & Analytics team, which is focused on portfolio construction, risk management, analytics and research in support of our private equity and private credit funds and product development activities:
- Jon McKeown has been promoted to Managing Director (Toronto), in recognition of his impact on the firm’s portfolio strategy and product development activities, including the successful design, launch and portfolio management of Northleaf Senior Private Credit, our innovative evergreen private credit fund.
- Lance Mu has been promoted to Director (Toronto), recognizing his significant contributions to the portfolio analytics and asset management activities that support Northleaf’s global private equity investment strategies.
With more than US$12 billion of private equity, private credit and infrastructure capital commitments under management, the Northleaf team numbers 130 professionals located in Toronto, Montreal, London, New York, Chicago, Menlo Park and Melbourne.