Experienced private equity investors have demonstrated an ability to outperform the public markets by providing hands-on expertise focused on driving operational value creation at the company level. Direct ownership and active, expert board participation allow private equity investors to facilitate real change, including:
- Pursuing value-added M&A opportunities, growth initiatives and process improvements
- Resolving succession or other management/governance issues
- Providing financing for capital investment, organic growth or industry consolidation
- Focusing energy and attention of entire organization on business building and shareholder value creation
Private ownership fosters important advantages for companies and shareholders, including:
- Close alignment of management and shareholder interests
- Long-term investment horizon
- Active involvement of professional board members with industry and company building expertise
- Entrepreneurial culture
Northleaf's long-term program of global private equity investing focuses on attractive niche segments, primarily middle-market and growth-oriented funds managed by top-tier private equity fund managers, opportunistic transactions in the private equity secondary market, and select direct co-investments in operating companies. Northleaf leverages its integrated global team, proactive sourcing, differentiated platform and active portfolio construction to produce attractive long-term returns for its investors across multiple market cycles.
Northleaf Global Private Equity Program
Northleaf currently manages seven global private equity funds. NPE I-VI are fully committed. NPE VII (2017) has commenced its investment period.
Northleaf also manages a number of custom private equity mandates on behalf of institutional investors.